- Fixed my website and started designing it.
- Built my first cron job!
- Still a lot of things on my list I did not complete
- Fixed issue in accessing the WordPress portal to my website. Previously, when I typed youngandai.com/wp-portal into the address bar, I would get an error page that says a connection could not be made. However, youngandai.com would still work. This may have been because I edited the URL address within the WordPress settings to include https, but did not properly set up the certificates.
- I ended up setting up a new virtual machine on Google Cloud Platform, re-installing WordPress, and configuring it properly. I used this blog as my guide – it was very helpful.
- Spent a lot of time learning how to use GNU nano in order to edit a certificate
- Also successfully made sure my website was secure with https, and that the certificate auto-renews.
- Note: This is my first time setting up a cron job! The job is set up to check certificate expiry every week, and will automatically update it.
- Started picking designs for website and brainstorming its content and layout.
There’s still a number of things I failed to accomplish today as well:
- Setup landing pages for potential projects, to start garnering interest (how do I do this? How do I create the images / files for it? Perhaps I should settle with using Keynote / PowerPoint to create the graphics that I need, since I’m familiar with these tools?)
- Budget for 2019
- Settle personal payments
- Figure out how much I spent in total in 2018, to make a simple assessment of my annual burn rate. Sometimes a bit difficult given my spending is across China and the US.
- Finish writing my reflections blog post and publishing it
- Make 2019 plans
- Redeem flight miles for our trip from LA back to Shanghai with Eva Air. How do I redeem flights if I no longer have the ticket?